Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Starting over sucks.
Obsidian (Lux, #1)
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something... unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh my God, I freaking loved this book.  It was like the most epic, amazing book ever.  I could seriously gush over Daemon all day long.  Thank you Darian for pushing me to read this book.  I loved it!
Daemon was freaking hot.  I mean from the moment he first appeared on the page I wanted to wrap him up and bring him home with me.  I seriously consider driving to WV to search for Daemon.  Screw Katy, she can find herself another hot Daemon.
He is a total douchebag though, but I love him anyway.  
Katy and her mom moved to WV after Katy's dad died.  Her mother thought they needed a change of scenery.  Katy is one of us.  She loves to read and she blogs about the books she's read.  Plus she gets excited about the books she's received in the mail.  I do this all the time!  I love the feeling of getting a book in the mail.  The one good thing about moving to WV she lives next to a hot guy an  her brother.  Dee is excited to meet Katy and become friends with her, but Daemon on the other hand is not excited to meet Katy.  He just sort of blows her off a little.  
I tend to hate it when the guys are jerks right off the bat, but there was just something about Daemon that made me like him.  He just had this presence about him.
I loved Dee, I want a friend like Dee.  She was just... epic.  That's all I have to say about Dee.
West Virginia, what can I say about West Virginia.  I have family there that I haven't seen in like FOREVER, and I miss them sooooo much.  But let's face it, I would never ever move to West Virginia.  No offense to everyone from West Virginia, it's not that I don't like the state, because I love West Virginia, but it has to many mountains for my taste.  I hate feeling like I'm trapped and just being surrounded by mountains, I feel claustrophobic.  I like places that are warm and have beaches.
This is my forte not....
So to wrap up this nice little blog post I am going to say: READ THE BOOK!  It is freaking amazing and you need to read it.  It should be next on your to-read-list.  Finish whatever book you're on and then pick this up.  Buy it or get it from the library I don't give a flying rat's ass, just get the book.
Anyway here's a little overview just in case you didn't feel like listening to me ramble on and on about Daemon and the book.
Overview:
Rating: Five stars
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
First Published: November 1st 2011
Pages: 335
Series Book: Yes
Will I Read The Next One: UM HELL YEAH!
~Ariadne



No comments:

Post a Comment