YA Books to Movies

Recent(and future) YA books to movies:



Beautiful Creatures
Director: Richard LaGravenese
Release Date: February 14, 2013
My reaction: I won't read the book. I won't watch the movie. I'm judging this series so hard just by the description, the first few pages, and other reviews. Beautiful Creatures, stay the hell away from me!

                                                                           The Host                                                                                                               Director: Andrew Niccol                                                                            Release Date: March 29, 2013

My reaction: Even though I hate scifi this movie actually looks pretty good. I wish it wasn't so closely associated with Twilight though. I'm not exactly a Twi-hard.. Still, this movie looks like it'll be amazing.








World War Z
Director:Marc Forster
Release Date:June 21, 2013



My reaction: This looks intense, and reminds me of I Am Legend(Saddest moment of that movie: when his dog dies). A total must see.









City of Bones
Director: Harald Zwart
Release Date: August 23, 2013
My reaction: OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!! Can't wait! Even if Jace isn't as hot as I pictured. Whatever! I can't wait to see magnus! This is gonna be amazing!!








Ender's Game
Director: Gavin Hood
Release Date: November 1, 2013
My reaction: Scifi's not my thing. I probably won't read this book. Ever. But the movie might be a success. See how I said might? That's because of my burning hatred inside for almost anything scifi.
Catching Fire
Director: Francis Lawrence
Release Date: November 22, 2013
My reaction: Yes. I'm a total Hunger games fan! Cannot wait.
Divergent
Director: Neil Burger
Release Date: March 21, 2014
My reaction: Have not read the book. Yet. More to come.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rumored or Planning:

The Maze Runner
Release Date: February 14, 2014
My reaction: Nope. Stop. You people have gone too far. I read part of this book and was just like HAHAHAHA No. I will run and hide if/when this movie comes out.
The Forest of Hands and Teeth
Release Date: 2013
My reaction: I don't know. I don't think this is a movie type book.. I could be wrong, but probabaly not...
13 Reasons Why
Release Date: 2013
My reaction: This movie is gonna be sooo depressing...
Vampire Academy
Release Date: February 14, 2014
My reaction: I just started reading book one of the series(I know, I'm a little late), but I can already see it becoming an amazing movie, if it's made right.
A Great and Terrible Beauty
Release Date: 2015
My reaction: I don't know if this will be a good movie. It's really not that kind of book. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
The Scorpio Races
Release Date: 2015
My reaction: I know nothing about this, therefore I cannot judge
Uglies
More information here
My reaction: This might be a good movie. I read this series a couple of years ago, in the beginning of sixth grade. It was pretty good, I just hope they don't botch the movie.
If I Stay
More information here, here, and here
My reaction: Still need to read this book. I've got nothing against it(yet).
Maximum Ride
More information here and here
My reaction: Yayyayayay! Its about time!  this better happen, or I'm gonna be majorly pissed.
Shiver
More information here and here
My reaction: Also haven't read this book. My forbidden love werewolf quota has been reached already... I guess I can try.
Fallen
More information here and here
My reaction: NO! NONONONONONONONONONONONONO! WHY! This book is one of the few on my abandoned-books list. Now it's going to be a movie? Shoot me! Shoot me now!! It sound harsh.. but seriously..gross. I guess I'm going to have to finish the book so that I can thoroughly judge it though. Wish me luck, I'll need it.
Matched
More information here and here
My reaction: Haven't read this book either.. It's been on my to-read shelf for months
The Fault In Our Stars
More information here and here
My reaction: I don't know.. This movie could be cool.. I really can't say any thing. I never read the book (I'll get right on that).
Hush, Hush
More information here, here, here, and here
My reaction: When I saw this might become a movie I stopped breathing. I seriously did not breathe for 30 seconds and had a minor heart attack.Can. Not. Wait


No comments:

Post a Comment