Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                             Rating: 5 out of 5
                                                              Series book: Yes
                      Will I read the next book: I wanna read it now..but its not out yet!!!!!!
At the end of this book, I started weeping uncontrollably. Yes I started weeping. This was the mother of all cliff-hangers. This was...this was.... I'm speechless. And sad. This ending was sad. If you wan't to wait until July to read it(That's when Origin, the next book in the series, comes out), I wouldn't blame you. I Cannot wait. Anyway, the review...

I don't think I need to gush anymore about Armentrout's writing anymore, since I have in four other reviews (so far) already. But I'll fan-girl anyway, in case you didn't read the other reviews(and you should). Armentrout is a god. Yes, I said it. She is a god! I don't know how she got so much talent for writing, but she's one of the best I have ever read. I especially loved it when she used "Holy _____" and that blank isn't a cussword. It's usually filled with stuff like "Holy backwoods babies" or "Holy mother of God and baby Jesus in the manger". Loved it. 

The plot was, like the rest of the book, amazing. I was slapped with a plot twist at every turn, and a cliff-hanger at the end. Trust me, I did not see the end coming. I mean, I kinda suspected something bad, but not THAT. I think I the most predictable thing about the book was the betrayal by Blake 

As for the characters, they all have really evolved through the series. In this book Dee and Ash were BFFs and that really annoyed me. I can understand why Dee would be devastated about what happened, but I didn't like how she completely cut out Katy. I really wanted to see more of her in the book. Also wanted to see more of Lesa and Carrissa But since Carrissa was dead by the end of the book, I doubt Lesa will ever be the same.

 Oh, the romance! Armentrout has a gift. Daemon was so sweet and swoon worthy and I WANT him. He needs to be real like, now. Can we do that? Can we make him real? And it isn't one of those fairy tale relationships where they never disagreed, and everything was perfect. They disagreed, a lot. But it also wasn't one of those relationships that authors make a whole book about, after they get the relationship started. You know the ones, the main heroine is digging herself a hole making the guy think she's with some other guy, keeping secrets and everything. It was a perfect not-perfect relationship and I loved it.

“You and that damn pen.”
“You love it.” 

“You haven't been smiling much. I missed it, so I decided to reward you for doing it." "Reward me?" I laughed. "God, only you would think kissing someone is a reward." "You know it is. My lips change lives, baby.” 

“I love you, Katy. Always have. Always will.” 

“Daemon was standing in the doorway of my bedroom. Hair messy from sleep, flannel pajama bottoms rumpled. No shirt. Three feet plus of snow outside, and he was still half naked.” 

“A slow, wry smile teased Daemon's lips. "Simmer down,Kitten, before I have to get you a ball of yarn to play with.” 


SUMMARY OF REVIEW(In case you don't actually feel like reading the review):
Plot: 5 out of 5 PLOT bleeping TWIST
Characters: 5  out of 5 But I want more Dee
Romance: 5 out of 5 I am now a junkie. Daemon is my crack
Writing: 5 out of 5 she is a god
Overall Rating: 5 out of 5
Rated R Sex scene...Sexual comments...

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe the ending to this book either. It's been over 3 months since I read it, and I am still hung up on it.
    -Sycho
    Sycho Faerie's Book Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ikr!! Cannot wait till august. The wait just might kill me

    ReplyDelete