Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

There is need. And then there is Fate 
Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her. 
When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude or killing her. 
When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                              Rating: 4.5 out of 5
                                                              Series book: Yes
                                      Will I read the next book: Hell to the yeah
This book. OMIGOSH. I feel...I feel... Wow. This book actually moved me to tears. Twice. And made me laugh out loud too many times to count. The writing was amazing (as usual), the romance was heart-breaking, and the characters were unforgettable. 

Is there some drug that makes your writing good? Because Armentrout is one of the best authors of all time. Like shes so good, its not fair. Very few authors can bring out actual emotions, like making a person to cry or laugh, but Armentrout can do it like fifty times in one book. Just a warning; once you pick up this books, your emotions will go from excited and happy to sad and depressed. It's almost impossible not to feel the same as Alex.

The Covenant series still reminds me of Vampire Academy. Not like everything's the same, just how everything happens with Aiden, it's kind of like Rose's relationship with Dimitri. And the issues between Pures and Halfs are like the problems Dhampire and the Moroi. Okay, so, the basic plot was really similar, but that's it. How everything happened and the Greek mythology added to this story made it unique from Vampire Academy.

The only characters that are different from the ones in Half-Blood are the ones in the Council, and you see more of Seth. And Seth was amusing, arrogant, and surprisingly sweet. If I wasn't completely and totally Team Aiden, Seth would be swoon-worthy. His character was perfectly un-perfect and that made him likable. The council members were pretty nondescript, except for Minister Tally. He was gunning for Alex the whole time, and was the living definition of douche. 

Oh, the romance. Aiden was all like "no I can't love you!" and Alex was all like "But my heart bleeds for you!" and then there was Seth "I can totally love you *eyebrow wiggle* No, but seriously." I was sitting there like "Nononononono not Seth. Aiden forever!!" In short, it kept me on the edge of my seat. I kept hoping that Aiden and Alex would have this happy ever after moment, but then I'd feel bad for Seth... Seriously the most confusing (but still amazing) love triangle ever.

Favorite Quotes:
“Aw, did you just fall?" 
"No." I rolled onto my back, wincing. "I attacked the floor.” 

“You'll become the center of someone's world one day. And he'll be the luckiest son of a bitch on this earth.” 

“'I'm not drunk,' I said indignantly.
'You were just dancing like some wood nymph five minutes ago. You took your shirt off and now you're latched onto me like a little monkey. So don't tell me you're in complete control of yourself.'” 

“You told me you wanted to marry Seth's bed, and then you told me you'd marry me if I asked. After that, you started to-"
"Enough," I groaned, wanting to crawl under the blankets.” 

SUMMARY OF REVIEW(In case you don't actually feel like reading the review):
Plot: 4 out of 5 The only problem was the similarities with Vampire Academy
Characters: 5  out of 5 
Romance: 5 out of 5 Team Aiden!
Writing: 5 out of 5 Wow, just wow
Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Rated PG-14 Almost Sex scene and lots of Sexual comments

No comments:

Post a Comment