Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Apollyon (Covenant, #4)Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.


The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.


Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pink highlighting are spoilers, just highlight over them to see them                    
                        Rating: 5 of 5 stars
                        Series book: Yes
                        Will I read the Next: YES
“My eyes locked the fury's and I smiled.She hesitated.I snapped to my feet. 'Bitch, please.'” 

I think that right there tells you how intense and amusing this book is.  Not to mention AMAZING. Jennifer Armentrout has done it again. Seriously, how is it one person can write so many amazing books? Aiden was amazingly sweet in this book, and its a totally new side of him. The PDA-Loving-Bad-Ass-Sweet-Ninja-Who-I-Want-To-Marry side. Alex is new too. She's more "so I won't run head first into danger but I will walk. Cautiously." Okay on to the review.

I don't really think I need to gush anymore about how amazing the writing is. I think we all know. But I seriously love how sarcastic and funny Alex is. Just thought I'd reiterate that.

So basically Alex has this pretty epic to do list throughout the book. 1. Break connection with Seth ☑ 

2. Kill him or steal his power before he does the same to her and becomes the God Killer
3. Find out who the god is that is helping Seth and Lucian It's Ares by the way..Called it! 
From that to-do list I'm sure you can tell the plot was fantastic. The only thing I didn't like is I feel like it could have progressed more than it did. That's not saying it didn't progress at all, just not as much as I thought it would. I felt like the book went by super quick which was a bummer because I never wanted it to end.

My favorite character was Deacon. He has really progressed throughout the series but in this book he came out of the closet to his brother and also stood up to Aiden and told him he wasn't a child anymore and he needed to fight and Aiden couldn't hide him away for ever. At that I was all "good for you Deacon." He's come a long way from a high as a kite party boy. And speaking of Aiden, you get to see a whole new side of him in Apollyon. He's so open about his relationship with Alex that there is some serious PDA going on. He also can crack jokes and you can tell he's so much more comfortable with Alex and him being an official couple. Also Alex has really matured, but she's still sarcastic and makes wayyy to many Star Wars references. 


The Romance is totally R rated.  Like I said they are really open about their relationship. And lets just say its not super subtle to sleep in the same room every night. And by "sleep" I don't really mean "sleep." Just in case you were wondering. It was still super sweet and there was this one scene that Alex picked out the green skittles before giving some to Aiden because she knew he didn't like them. I just loved that scene because it was so sweet and thoughtful. I really loved how the relationship was intense but still had those little moments that made it real. They even dreamed about their future together.


Favorite quotes:“What is it with the St. Delphi brothers and their attraction to halfs?” 


“We had no idea what waited ahead of us, other than the big, fat unknown, and most likely a big, fat kick in the face. The gravity of that was killing me-killing us

I squared my shoulders. "Release the Kraken!"
Several sets of eyes settled on me.
"What?" I gave a lopsided shrug. "I've always wanted to yell that since I saw that movie. Seemed like the perfect moment.” 

“Whatever you do, don't break my brother's heart. You are his world. And if you leave it, it will destroy him.” 


“My eyes locked the fury's and I smiled.

She hesitated.
I snapped to my feet. "Bitch, please.” 


SUMMARY OF REVIEW(In case you don't actually feel like reading the review):
Writing:  5 out of 5
Plot: 5 out of 5
characters: 5 out of 5  
Romance: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5
WARNING! RATED R!! Sex scenes and gruesome violence.

3 comments:

  1. Sex scenes AND grusome violence? Sounds like my kind of book! Haha.

    I'm adding this to my TBR for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am your new follower through book blogs. Please follow me back at
    www.finithajose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower! You can follow me back at http://thewiseserpent.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete