Hidden Wings by Cameo Renae

Hidden Wings (Hidden Wings, #1)

Seventeen is a life changing age for Emma Wise.

As her family's sole survivor in a car crash, she is left with a broken arm and a few scrapes and bruises. But these are only outward marks; inside, her heart is broken and the pieces scattered.

Whisked away to Alaska, to an aunt she’s never met, Emma starts over. Secrets unveil themselves and now…she doesn't even know who or what she is.

A centuries old prophecy places Emma in the heart of danger. Creatures of horrifying and evil proportions are after her, and it will take Emma, her aunt, and six, gorgeously captivating Guardians to keep her safe. But, if she can survive until her eighteenth birthday... things will change.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pink highlighting are spoilers, just highlight over them to see them                    
                        Rating: 5 of 5 stars
                        Series book: Yes
                      Will I read the Next: Yes
So I was reluctant to read this at first. "A centuries old prophecy.." Been there. "But, if she can survive her eighteenth birthday...things will change." Read that. I know, I know, don't judge a book by its...synopsis. I mean it looks good other than that last paragraph, the covers pretty, the next book is out, might as well give it a shot.
First things first, the writing. So there were a few typos here and there...But it's the editor's job to catch that. I really liked how well she wrote the "teen voice." Some authors..Can't. There was only teen thoughts, and teen words, and no overly wise opinions written in words I, as a very nerdy teen, would never even used. I loved how her first thought was vampires and there was even a Twilight reference. What I didn't like though..She was barely surprised when they told her what she was and that people, no things, wanted to kill her. She was all like "Oh, really? Well stuff happens." And I would be like "Hell. To. The. Bleeping. No. Are you crazy? Lemme just go call the cops...Or run screaming into the Alaskan woods and see how far I get.." I'd be like the freaking Flash running out of there. And she just chilling.
The plot escalated quickly. Like I was literally reading it, not realizing I was halfway through the book, and I said "Well, that escalated quickly." Outloud. I got looks. It was pretty good, originality wise. I kindof guessed all the plot twist they threw in at the end.. But I still enjoyed the book. In all it took maybe three days, book time, for everything to happen.
Oh the characters.. I know Jeremy and Lia are her California friends, and she'll probably never see them again, but I wish they were in the book more. Like email them...Take pictures for them..Something. I LOVE Kade. He's my new Book Boyfriend. Emma can't have him. I like how in the short three or four days were in the book, all the guardians had distinct personality, and personally, I think Dominic would have to be my favorite excluding Kade. Mostly because he was so funny. I really loved Emma's personality. It's everything you want in a main character. She's smart, sarcastic, and stubborn. The three S's that make for a very entertaining read.
So the romance was of the instant variety. They touched...Insta-Love. Usually, I hate that. But this actually played into some of the mystery of the story. But SO HELP ME if this is another forbidden romance... It was really sweet. Kade was totally swoon worthy.. He was funny, gorgeous, all in all perfect. And Emma was totally drooling all over him. And Kade totally liked her back and you could tell when he got jealous because someone else was protecting her.
SUMMARY OF REVIEW(In case you don't actually feel like reading the review):
Writing: 4.5 out of 5
Plot: 5 out of 5 
Characters: 5  out of 5   
Romance: 5 out of 5
Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5 
Rated PG- Violence. Torture. Explosions. Action-Packed adventure movie..

No comments:

Post a Comment