Blackbrooke by Emma Silver

I live in Blackbrooke and you would have had to be living under a rock to never have heard of it before now. This town is different to most others…Humans aren’t the only residents…”

The residents of Blackbrooke share their town with the Creatures, or Crits as they are known. Grotesque, roaming the streets at night looking for food, their presence means humans have to live by the Rules, keeping them indoors and forbidding them of basic desires.

The most important Rule?

Don’t be a ‘walk out’!

Straight-A student, Liberty Connor, hates the Crits and the endless Rules she and her tight knit group of
friends have to live by.

Planning her new life on the Outside with her boyfriend, Gabriel, Liberty whiles away her days waiting to turn 18, so they can leave and be free. That is, until the world she thinks she knows begins to unravel…

Her friends start to walk out. So she’s told. However, something’s not right. Things don’t add up.

Liberty faces a race against time to discover what’s going on with the Creatures of Blackbrooke.

Is it them she has to fear, or something much closer to home?
 

Blackbrooke is a Young Adult horror novel that has you on the edge of your seat.
______________________________________
Hey Guys, sorry I didn't post anything this weekend.  My dad had to go to the ER.  He's okay though.  Thank God.  I'll post those pictures of the spider soon.  I still have to upload them to my computer.
Anyways I thought I would review  Blackbrooke by Emma Silver.  Okay so if you like horror than you will like this book.  This is actually my first time reading a horrorish type novel because I'm not really into horror stuff, but I liked the little blurb and decided to give it a try.  Some parts were more intense than others, but I held my own pretty well while reading this.
Okay so the main character is Liberty along with some of her friends like Gemma, Cassius, and other  characters that have slipped my mind at the moment.  Liberty is one of my all time favorite characters because she's feisty and doesn't take no for an answer.  She also goes through a lot of shit in this book, and in the end you feel super bad for her.  I was literally crying.  Also Cassius is a really good character.  He is also in my top favorite characters list.  (I'll have to make a list of my favorites characters males and females.)  Cassius plays a really important role in the book and he's there for Liberty when she really needs him. 
In this book you will find romance, heebie jeebies, and secrets that will make you want to spit out your drink.  Crits are the heebie jeebies that I was talking about, and they sent shivers down my spine.  They are just super creepy and they made my heart kind of race a little bit.  I'm a chicken okay, I am also really jumpy that's why I tend to stay away from the horror type stories.  Romance is kind of a big deal because anyone under eighteen isn't really supposed to have a girlfriend or boyfriend because of the Crits.  They will kill you.  Also if you want to commit side ways (suicide) all you have to do is walk out your front door at night  and the Crits will take care of the rest.   
I won this book off of Emma Silver's blog and it took a few weeks to get to me because it was coming all the way from Britain.  When I did get it, it took me two days to read it.  It held my attention all the way through.  I am dying to get my hands on the next book.  If it is anything like the first book I know I'll love it. 
Emma I loved it and can't wait to see what else happens to Liberty and her friends.
My rating of the book:

Overall: 5 Stars
Author: Emma Silver
Publisher:  Crooked Cat Publishing 
First Published: July 19th, 2012
Pages: 393
Series Book: Yes
Will I Read The Next One: Yes
I hope you guys can get your hands on a copy.
~Ariadne James

No comments:

Post a Comment