The one by Kiera Cass

20572939THE SELECTION changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. Now, only one will claim Prince Maxon’s heart…
It’s swoon meets the Hunger Games in the final instalment of THE SELECTION trilogy!
For the four girls who remain at the palace, the friendships they’ve formed, rivalries they’ve struggled with and dangers they’ve faced have bound them to each other for the rest of their lives.
Now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.
America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown – or to Prince Maxon’s heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realises just how much she stands to lose – and how hard she’ll have to fight for the future she wants.
The breathtaking finale to THE SELECTION trilogy will make you swoon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                         Rating: 4 of 5 stars
                                                         Series book: Yes
                        Will I read the next book: Final in the trilogy

I'm twitching. Actually twitching. The Selection Series was great. It was really satisfying. Satisfying. I both enjoyed reading it, and was disappointed. I started The One and I was determined to stop reading if in fifty pages the selection process wasn't over. Then I got to fifty pages and thought, another fifty pages won't hurt. Then I was at page two hundred and my only thought was that I can't stop reading now, but I'm also really disappointed. The Selection was a really great love story. It wasn't bad, and I would recommend it to a romance fan. It was a good book. But it's so annoying. On that note, let me rant about exactly why I was so incredibly annoyed with this book.

Reason number one:
The amount of time it took for America to finally admit that she actually had feelings for Maxon.
"I carefully tucked my love for Maxon away in my heart, a little afraid of this feeling. Eventually, it would have to be shared, but for now it was my secret."

Three books. Exactly 995 pages. How long did it take for her to admit that she cared about him? 942 pages. What the hell. Seriously. WHAT THE HELL. She was absolutely certain that she loved him on page 84, and yet she kept it a secret until page 270. How indecisive and annoying can you be? This whole book could have been a hell of a lot interesting if you could have just spit. It. Out.

Reason number two:
America made so many bad decisions,starting from the first chapter.
Her very first  bad decision in this book was attempting to seduce Maxon. Yes. You read that correctly. Despite the fact that it wasn't really an America thing to do, she put on a slutty dress and got Maxon to come to her room after dinner. The fact that Celeste thought it was slutty and ridiculous meant...BAD IDEA THE DRESS IS ACTUALLY SLUTTY. And how did that end? Maxon laughed in her face. So, the lesson is when you randomly think its a good idea to try and seduce someone, don't.

Reason number three:
I don't understand why I like this series, but I do, and that annoys me.
I feel like this happened to me:

The Selection Series had so many problems. SO MANY. But I still feel like it was the worth the read. I actually recommended the series to a friend the other day. And I can't say that it's bad, but I wanted to destroy these books so many times. And when I finish a series I don't want to be conflicted about if I like it or not.

Overall, The One was a good book in a good series. I would recommend it, but it's not a really serious read. If you're stressed and looking for a quick and slightly fluffy read, go for it. It's incredibly addictive for something that can also be incredibly annoying and you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment