Night School by C.J. Daugherty

Night School (Night School, #1)Allie Sheridan’s world is falling apart. Her brother’s run away from home. Her parents ignore her. And she’s just been arrested.

Again.

This time her parents have had enough. They cut her off from her friends and send her away to boarding school, far from her London friends.

But at Cimmeria Academy, Allie is soon caught up in the strange activities of a secret group of elite students.

When she’s attacked late one night the incident sets off a chain of increasingly violent events. As the school begins to seem like a very dangerous place, she finds out that nothing at Cimmeria is what it seems to be.

And that she is not who she thought she was.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Pink highlighting are spoilers, just highlight over them to see them                    
Since it annoys some people when others talk in hastags (i.e. #JustSaying) those are highlighted in green.
                        Rating:  5 of 5 stars
                        Series book: Yes
                        Will I read the Next: Yes
Well that was not what I expected. At all. First, let me say, don't skip over this book because of the name like I almost did. It is not what you think. And I hope i'm not turning you off by saying this, but there are no vampires in this book, that I know of. I am just so glad I read Night School. I am seriously shocked that anyone would regret this book. It is fairly long, but it goes by super quickly. And if anyone tells you this book was bad. They're wrong. No offense.
I really liked the writing style. It was very normal for books with teen POVs in the way that is was pretty sarcastic and really chill. Another totally off topic thing it was british #AccentsMakeBoysHotter #JustSaying. The thing that was different was how there was a theme of numbers. Allie counted her breaths, her heartbeats, her steps. That was really interesting but not so big a deal that it took over the whole story. It was easy not to focus on it. 
There were alot of surprise in this book. From the beginning I thought I knew what was going to happen. I had this whole storyline laid out in my head. It did not happen like I thought it would, and I'm usually right #AndHumbleToo. I'm just sitting there mind blown throughout the whole book thinking what the bleep is going on? What the bleep is this?  I know what some of you might be thinking based on the title and the synopsis. Let me tell you that you are wrong. Night School kept me guessing until the end. *Haunting voice* Nothing is as it seems. #DidIScareYou?
Now for the characters. You've got your basic creepy boarding school cast; Hot but distant boy (Carter), hot not so distant boy(Sylvain), popular girl AKA bitch (Katie), BFF and her various trustworthy(for the most part) friends(BFF-Jo, Others- Lucas, Lisa, Phil, Ruth, and Gabe), the principle that is conveniently not around when you need to break the rules (Isabelle), and various teachers and other staff. I think my favorite character would be Rachell.  She comes in later in the book when shit starts to hit the fan. She's  a huge gossip magnet, loyal, nerdy, and fun. I think the other character were well thought out for the most part and most had background stories and distinct personalities.
I'm gonna try not to spoil so I'm just gonna block out this whole section. The things that are real spoilers will be highlighted in read, the pink will just be following that considered minor spoilers. For those who aren't gonna read it, just know that the romance did not disappoint. Allie does end up with Sylvain. She ends up with Carter. At the beginning Carter was acting like a total arsehole(British!) and Allie was just like "hey, you're hot and all but I ain't for that Twilight Romance." Finally a heroine that doesn't fall for the jackarse. So they were friendly for the most part. Then at the summer ball Sylvain gets very very rough and Allie breaks up with him like "Hey, no. Go away." But that was after Carter Jumps in to save her (my hero #Swoon). After a while of flirting and getting to know each other then Allie and Carter get together. It was really realistic in the amount of time it took. It was such a sweet and sort of intense relationship.
Favorite quotes:
“What should I say? ‘Well, the murder was a little upsetting, and the fire did worry me a bit. I was nearly date-raped and my ex best friend is crazy. But, hey, at least I’m making an A in History’?” 
“Fine. You stay here. I shall return when I’ve found food. But when you all faint from hunger later don’t think you can just feed on me.” 
"Trouble was her default setting.” 
SUMMARY OF REVIEW(In case you don't actually feel like reading the review):
Writing:  5 out of 5
Plot: 5 out of 5
characters: 5 out of 5  
Romance: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5

PG-13 Violence, a little making out, and bitchy girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment