Stolen by Ella James

Stolen (Stained, #2)With Cayne's fate in the hands of his enemies and Julia spirited away to the covert Stained compound, the two are separated by impenetrable walls and a gulf of unanswered questions. Soon Julia learns the truth about the Stained and the plans they have for her, the compound is attacked, and a new group is running from an unwanted destiny, searching the globe in pursuit of the knowledge that just might save them all.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pink highlighting are spoilers, just highlight over them to see them                    
                        Rating:  3.5 of 5 stars
                        Series book: Yes
                        Will I read the Next: Yes
Why do these books always half to end in some potentially life threatening situation? It's just all "la-de-da, we're safe for now.." Then bam! The last sentence is just like *death is imminent.* I enjoyed this book pretty much the same amount I enjoyed the first. I didn't regret picking it up, but I wasn't jumping up and down in excitement while reading it either. 

There were alot of semi-pop culture references in this book. I say semi-pop culture because the targeted age group for this series might miss alot of them. Don't get me wrong, I personally love a good pop-culture reference. But just make sure they're still pop culture when you make said reference. I also think the writing style was just completely different from the first book. It's way more laid back and teen like. I can't say it's a huge improvement, but it's not exactly bad either.

The plot was super fast. I guess it had to be because the book was less than 150 pages. So it went so fast you could barely see it. For the most part it was pretty enjoyable, even though there were more questions than answers by the end. Sometimes I felt like the solutions were too easy. Like the answers to their problems just popped up and the storyline didn't really connect sometimes.

I really like how there were more characters in this book. There wasn't much time to really get to know them, kindof making them seem really paper thin. I think my favorite character was Nathan (partly because he reminds me of someone I know by the same name{You know, because for the most part he's a major jerk}) mostly because he had the most substance in the book. He acted all stiff and cold, but he could be nice and thoughtful. I really hope there will be more chances to get to know the other characters in the next books.

I was soooo disappointed with the romance. It had just started to get all romancy..and then everything goes wrong. Damnit. Julia's all like "I forgive you but I don't know if I can trust you." Right. Stop now. That's not how it works. She waits till the very end to forgive him when she's semi-drunk. All that time that could have been spent romantically whispering sweet nothings... WASTED. I get that you distrust him a little after what you found out..But she played hot and cold through the whole book. That's annoying. So so annoying.

SUMMARY OF REVIEW(In case you don't actually feel like reading the review):
Writing:  4 out of 5
Plot: 4 out of 5
characters: 4 out of 5  
Romance: 3 out of 5
Overall: 3.5 out of 5

PG-13 Kissing and gruesome violence

No comments:

Post a Comment