Broken Wings by Cameo Renae

Broken Wings (Hidden Wings, #2)

Emma’s world is falling apart, and Kade, the only one who seems to hold her together, is missing. With death lingering right outside their door, decisions must be made before it’s too late.
The Midway has refused to send help, so they are left to seek out the only other who can stop Lucian.


A perilous quest sends Emma and a few Guardians into the Underworld, where the unimaginable abide, to beseech the Prince of Darkness himself. Lucifer.


Now, they must endure the deadly levels of Hell, which not one …mortal or immortal… has ever survived.
Prepare for love, loss, and the unexpected.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pink highlighting are spoilers, just highlight over them to see them                    
                        Rating:  4.5 of 5 stars
                        Series book: Yes
                        Will I read the Next: Yes
Holy crap. I can't even right now. This was actually a really good book. At first I was skeptical because of the whole "When darkness surrounds, love will lead the way." For some reason that just turned me off. But there was alot more action than I expected, and I got addicted after just a few chapters. It was definitely worth the read and I can't wait for the next book.
I am just a little disappointed with this writing. In the first book, Hidden Wings, there were a few typos. But Broken wings the thing that REALLY annoyed me, like really REALLY annoyed me, was how she used CAPITALS to EMPHASIZE everything. I'm sorry but that's what italics are for. That just annoyed me soooo much. Okay, yeah I know that's not a huge big deal and that everyone has different writing styles, but that just annoyed me. Other than that there were just a few editing issues, but that's not the authors fault.
This was a really Odyssey-like plot. They have to face trials to reach their ultimate goal, blah, blah. I actually really liked it. Their were some twists, but it was straight forward for the most part. It was a really quick, exciting read. 
Sadly, Kade was only in half the book. So instead, Dom is my favorite character. You could see a change in him throughout the story. He was still funny and totally in love with himself, but you also could see the softer side of him. You could really tell that he cared about Emma and Kade. I also really loved how Emma had the Zena: Warrior Princess moment towards then end and totally went off on some hellish beasts. All in all the characters were pretty amazing.
There is a motherfucking love triangle that shows up at the very end of the book with the motherfucking son of Satin. I just love Kade. He's so sweet and would do anything for Emma. It was nice that it took a full book for Kade to tell Emma "I Love you." Usually it's within the first book and it's just really quick and unrealistic. This romance was more slow and sweet to get to the Big Three Words. Not to mention Kade became HUMAN for her!Yeah. I love him. Kade is the perfect book boyfriend. I just can't even.
SUMMARY OF REVIEW(In case you don't actually feel like reading the review):
Writing: 4.5 out of 5
Plot: 5 out of 5 
Characters: 5  out of 5   
Romance: 5 out of 5
Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5 
Rated PG- Violence. Kissing. Action. 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for being on the tour and for the review! I LOVED it! I will definitely take using italics instead of capital letters into consideration. :)

    ReplyDelete