Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. 

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pink highlighting are spoilers, just highlight over them to see them                    
                        Rating: 5 of 5 stars
                        Series book: Yes
                        Will I read the Next: Yes

So many emotions. So many thoughts. Without spoiling my thoughts throughout the book were as follows: "Well, this seems pretty cool, lemme skip sleep tonight."  "I know what is going to happen now, I know it." "You should have done it! That was the perfect time! Damn it, Cinder!" "I can feel it coming... Something bad is going to happen..." *Tears* *Insert fight / explosion scene* "Currently head banging... Into a wall." "Is it over. Well, fuck." Does that make sense? It sounded sarcastic in my head. Let me just set the record straight. I love this book. L.O.V.E. Original, exciting, hopelessly romantic. Perfection in 387 pages.

At no point in this book was I agitated the writing style. And we all know, I love me some knit-picking. I'm like a bitter English teacher whose boyfriend just dump her because he's allergic to cats. But there's nothing for me to hate on. Cinder actually got me out of my month long reading slump. I love how you could see the traces of Cinderella, but it never overwhelmed the actual story. The originality was refreshing. Cinder is definitely worth the read. Like seriously. Get it now.

Original, exciting, and all around amazing. Plot-wise, this book is golden. It took all my strength to put it down to sleep, eat, and go to school. Basically the plot is this: Cinder a cyborg and our main character, meets the prince when he needs someone to fix his "childhood tutor" Android. This sets of two things. One, a light romance between Prince Kai and Cinder. The problem? He doesn't know Cinder is a cyborg, and by the way being a cyborg is not such a great thing in a futuristic Beijing. This Android also have sensitive information which ties and the Lunars, who are people who live on the moon under and Evil Queen who can control minds . I cannot say much about them without spoiling but they do play a huge role in the book. There's also a play that is killing people on earth, and the doctor thanks Cinder might just be the key to the cure. Does that not sound intense. It is intense, very very intense. And perfect.

At first I was all Team Kai! Let's go! New book boyfriend. He's really sweet and charming(Charming guys...swoon) and he seemed selfless. But Cinder decided she didn't wanna be honest. She didn't wanna share all her secrets. That is not a healthy start to a new relationship. And you, Kai. You are not very nice when shit gets real. You should be prepared. Damnit you are royalty. I'm sorry. I'm done with my insane rambling. I will say I'm not exactly satisfied with this romance. But I wanna see it get better. 

Favorite Quotes:

“I don't know. I don't actually remember anything from before the surgery."
His eyebrows rose, his blue eyes sucking in all the light of the room. "The cybernetic opetation?"
"No, the sex change."
The doctor's smile faltered.
"I'm joking.” 

“I'm sure I'll feel much more grateful when I find a guy who thinks complex wiring in a girl is a turn-on.” 

“Kai cleared his throat. Stood straighter. "I assume you are going to the ball?"
"I-I don't know. I mean, no. No, I'm sorry, I'm not going to the ball."
Kai drew back, confused. "Oh well...but...maybe you would change your mind? Because I am, you know."
"The prince."
"Not bragging," he said quickly. "Just a fact.” 

SUMMARY OF REVIEW(In case you don't actually feel like reading the review):
Writing:  5 out of 5
Plot: 5 out of 5
Romance: 3 out of 5
Overall: 4.5 out of 5
Rated PG Mild violence

No comments:

Post a Comment