Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout

13644052Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything. 

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? 

And will they even be together?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pink highlighting are spoilers, just highlight over them to see them                    
                        Rating: 5 of 5 stars
                        Series book: Yes
                        Will I read the Next: YESyesyesyesyes
Holy shiz-to-the-nit. Origin was totally worth the wait. It was fantastic and amazing and I don't even know what to say. By far my favorite of the series and that's saying something because I love this series. My words are already failing me so I'm gonna have to go GIF on this. Kay? Kay.
I have described JLA's writing many times. So now I will insert a few choice sentences to describe how amazing it is. "Armentrout is a god. Yes, I said it. She is a god! I don't know how she got so much talent for writing, but she's one of the best I have ever read."  "Because Armentrout is one of the best authors of all time. Like shes so good, its not fair." Get it? Yeah I think you do. But just in case let me go back and bold some words there.
The plot was like
Thats right. I was endlessly throwing my arms around and cussing and slamming my head into walls. Happily, of course. It was so exciting and emotional and plot twist after plot twist after plot twist. I'm like Oh yeah I got this I know where this is gonna go. Then BAM Crazy demonic purple eyed creepy children things called Origins Plot twists. I calm down a little and then BAM Jail break intensity another plot twist. And I'm just like okay okay there can't be anymore...BAM Matthew ultimate betrayal I am dead.
Yeah, by the end of this book....I was beyond dead.

Blake is dead. I repeat, Blake is dead. I knew that Daemon and Katy had threatened him like a billion times but when it happened I'm all like Whoa  That Happened. Any one else? Yeah? Anyway, I think Asher was a really good addition to the book. If  you've seen the teasers, you know Asher from this:  “'As close as you’re riding me, man, I feel like I need to take you out to dinner or something. At least, I should get your name.' He punched in a floor number, smirking.
'People call me Archer.'"
Yeah, I know great first impression am I right? Daemon being his usual smart-ass self and Archer just rolling with it. Perfect. And guess what? Luc was in this book more! 
I cannot be the only one who just LOVES Luc. He's a little sarcastic, intimidating, teenage mafia alien thing. Everyone owes him a favor and  everyone's just a little bit afraid of him. He is just such a bratty little kid. And just a final warning...People die. Yes. I'm telling you that. Just get ready. It's emotional.
Daemon is...I just...Life is...*sigh* Daemon.
WARNING: The content in this book is Rated R. Seriously theres like a seven page streak of hide your eyes kids this is some adult material. But it's also so sweet and heart breaking and man I am just so done with life right now. Why can't Daemon be real? Why can't I have him? I really like how he's all "Ill burn down the world" but totally knows that Katy can fight and you can tell he definitely internally swoons for her. SOoooo Sweet.
Favorite Quotes:
“I’m Dee Black. I’m the sister of the douchebag known as Daemon.” She smiled brightly. “But you probably already know that.”
“That’s he’s a douchebag or that he’s your brother?” Archer asked innocently. “The answer is yes to both.” 

“Did you think you could stop me? I'll burn the world down to save her.” 

“I want a years-worth of seconds and minutes with you. I want a decade's worth of hours, so many that I can't add them up.” 

SUMMARY OF REVIEW(In case you don't actually feel like reading the review):
Writing:  5 out of 5
Plot: 5 out of 5
characters: 5 out of 5
Romance: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5

Rated R-Violence, Kissing, Making out, Sexual comments...Sex..

No comments:

Post a Comment