Degrees of Wrong by Anna Scarlett

Degrees of WrongThis time, the straight-and-narrow path could be the road to ruin.

Dr. Elyse Morgan’s mission: find the cure to the HTN4 virus. The compensation, courtesy of the United Nations: a lab stocked with hi-tech goodies, limitless resources and enough chocolate to make her rear look like a cellulite farm. Bonus: she gets to live.

Rescued (kidnapped) and secreted (imprisoned) on an undersea warship, Elyse adjusts to her assumed identity as a cadet with the finesse of a toeless ballerina. Her sulfuric temper and blatant insubordination capture the unwanted attention of the ship’s captain, the gorgeous, infuriating, engaged Nicoli Marek.

Elyse would rather perform her own autopsy than become the other woman, but Nicoli—who’s as full of himself as he is of secrets—regards his impending marriage as a mere political transaction. And Elyse as fair game.

As Elyse’s suspicions about the UN’s true agenda mount along with her attraction to the relentless, chronically shirtless captain, she must choose between the murky path to everything she’s ever wanted, or the squeaky-clean path of self-sacrifice—which could mean taking the secrets of the virus with her to the grave.

Warning: Features a strong, chocolate-loving heroine who takes no prisoners on the way to saving the world from an epidemic and winning a captain’s heart.

____________________
*Note: This is not YA.  I mean it doesn't have any dirty scenes, like sex, but it does have some dirty remarks.  Proceed with caution.
So Anna Scarlett is a pen name for Anna Banks.  Anna Banks wrote Of Poseidon and Of Triton.  I love all her books.  They make me laugh, and smile.  The girls make these smart remarks and are just all out feisty.  I loved the book, and I couldn't put it down, like most of my books.  
Elyse made my day.  I was having a really crappy day, and when I started reading this she made me laugh and feel better.  I thought she was a strong character, and I loved her.  I am jealous of her because she gets to have Nicoli.  He's perfect.  I know I've said that about almost every fictional guy ever, but I want to wrap him and bring him home.
I also love how Elyse has a chocolate fetish.  She's a women after my own heart.  I love chocolate.  At this very moment I am contemplating on digging into my chocolate stash.  Then I think of Fat Amy and I'm like:
Anyways, I loved this book, and when I got to the end I was like, "I WANT MORE NICOLI AND ELYSE!"  I didn't want it to end.  I also did not expect the end to be like it was.  I didn't really see it coming.  I just was blown away by it.  So I need another book.  I need it right this very minute.
So like I said this isn't YA, but it's not like its 50 Shades of Grey.  So read at your own risk!  Other than that its a very good book, and if you like Of Neptune I think you will like this book, and that you should read it.  If you don't then its you're missing out on one of the best books I've read in a long time.  So yeah, here's the overview.
Overview:
 Rating: Five Stars
Author: Anna Scarlett
Publisher:  Samhain Publishing, Ltd. 
First Published:  August 28th, 2012
Pages: 212
Series Book:  I think so, don't quote me because I'm not sure.
Will I Read The Next One: Yes, I will definitely read the next one.
~ Ariadne 

No comments:

Post a Comment