Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck

Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2)Back in Oregon, Kelsey tries to pick up the pieces of her life and push aside her feelings for Ren. Kelsey Hayes's eighteenth summer was crazy. The kind of crazy nobody would ever believe.

Aside From battling immortal sea monkeys and trekking the jungles of India, she fell in love with Ren, a 300-year-old prince.

When danger suddenly forces Kelsey on another Indian quest, with Ren's bad-boy brother, Kishan,the unlikely duo begins to question their true destiny. Ren's life hangs in the balance--so does the truth within Kelsey's heart.

Tiger's Quest, the thrilling second volume in the Tiger's Curse series, brings the trio one step closer to breaking the ancient prophecy that binds them.

_____________________________
I am on the verge of crying right this very second.
I thought the first book was bad and heart breaking, but this one just ripped my poor heart in half.  I could literally feel it breaking it was that bad.  This is me right now: 
Yes it is that bad.
Anyways... So overall I liked the book a lot.  I liked it maybe a little better than the first one, which in my case is really rare.  I almost always like the first book the best.  This one seemed better written.  I feel like the characters were better written like they more comfortable in their skin.
So as most of you may know Kelsey left Ren at the end of the last book.  Sad, I know.  In this one it picks up right where she gets home.  She finds that she has a new car, a new house, and is going to college instead of the community college she was planing on going to.  Oh and my favorite, a whole new wardrobe!  All curtsey of Ren.  Which hurts her even more than she already was.  She starts dating and when Ren shows up him and this guy named Li start fighting for her.  Li backs down and she chooses Ren like we all knew she would.
I mean come on seriously, it was so obvious who she was going to chose!  I'm glad she chooses Ren though.
They spend a few glorious months together before he gets captured by Lokesh.  Now before I continue one I have one quick thing to say.  I thought this book was going to be different.  Normally in the second book the man guys is far away and you think he'll never come back.  I mean look at New Moon, Frostbite, City of Ashes, Clockwork Prince, Goddess Interrupted, etc..  I thought that first once in all the books that I have read that the main couple would finally be together through the second book.  But I was sadly mistaken.
I'm actually kind of glad though.  We got to see more of Kishan.  *Swoon*  Kishan is definitely my favorite brother.  I like Kelsey and Ren together.  They are definitely my OTP, but I want Kishan all to myself.  He is the perfect guy.  I have offically shoved William Herondale out of the number one spot.  I'm reading this book and the whole time I'm like:
 
 I'd like to be stuck in paradise with him, lucky Kelsey...
*Clears Throat*  So Ren gets captured and all Kelsey wants to do is go a rescue him, but Mr. Kadam, level headed Kadam, tells her to go after the second Gift.  He's hoping that they will have another vision like they did when she retrieved the first Gift.  She agrees and they have to travel to paradise to get this Gift.  Hence why I said I wish I could be stuck in paradise with Kishan.
While in paradise Kishen tries to advance on Kelsey, and he kisses her several times.  They go through a lot, and almost die quite a bit, one of the reasons why he kisses her.  
They retrieve the second Gift which I'm not going to tell you what it is.  They're almost killed by metal birds, and Kelsey kicks some serious ass.  They get back after Kelsey and Mr. Kadam have another vision.  Lokesh also has these visions and they are able to figure out where Lokesh is keeping Ren.  They save Ren and when they get back they learn something horrible about Ren.  Well Kelsey does, everyone else knew.
Kelsey learns that Ren can't remember a thing about her.  Then he says some really mean things when he thinks she isn't listening and it broke my heart.
Kishan is furious at his brother for being so mean and rude to her.  Ren hates that he's hurting her, but he says that he couldn't see how he loved her.  And I'm going to stop right there because I don't want to give away too much.  I've probably given away to much already.
Okay so now I'm going to do something new.  I'm going to post a couple of my favorite quotes from the book.  Here we go:

“I decided to find you, throw myself at your feet, and beg you to have mercy on me. Honestly, I’ll accept whatever you choose, Kelsey. Just don’t ask me to live apart from you again. Because...I can’t.”

 “I was just slipping my pajama top over my head when I heard Ren bellow, “YOU ate ALL of my peanut . . . butter . . . COOKIES?”

“Tarzan-like men are my weakness, apparently.” 

“I spent the rest of that day brainstorming. How do you catch a very old, very alert tiger by surprise? Use his weaknesses: food, feminine wiles, poetry, and over-protectiveness. The poor guy didn't stand a chance.”

 “Okay. So, apparently I find burly Indian men attractive. What's wrong with that?”

“It's about bloody time, woman.” 

Overview:
Rating: Five Big Fat Stars
Author: Colleen Houck
Publisher:  Sterling Publishing 
First Published:  June 7th, 2011
Pages: 479
Series Book: Yes
Will I Read The Next One: Hell To The Freaking Yes!
~ Ariadne 



No comments:

Post a Comment