Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles, #3)Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But now that Ethan and Lena have returned home, strange and impossible have taken on new meanings. Swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand the impact of Lena's Claiming. Even Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals is affected - and their abilities begin to dangerously misfire. As time passes, one question becomes clear: What — or who — will need to be sacrificed to save Gatlin?

For Ethan, the chaos is a frightening but welcome distraction. He's being haunted in his dreams again, but this time it isn't by Lena - and whatever is haunting him is following him out of his dreams and into his everyday life. Even worse, Ethan is gradually losing pieces of himself — forgetting names, phone numbers, even memories. He doesn't know why, and most days he's too afraid to ask.

Sometimes there isn't just one answer or one choice. Sometimes there's no going back. And this time there won't be a happy ending.

______________________________
This is the third book in the Castor Chronicles.  One more book until it all ends and I will need to find a new series to latch onto.  Ah how I hate the ends of a good series.  You feel all empty inside and you feel like the world is ending.  Okay maybe the last one is a little dramatic, but you get the idea.
This book broke my heart at the end.  Of course I won't tell you what happened because then I would ruin the book for you, and I would never do a thing like that.  But I must warn you it is heart breaking in so many ways.
Ethan and Lena go through so much drama as they try to figure out a way to fix the Order which she broke when she Claimed herself both Light and Dark.  Every God fearing person in Gatlin thinks the end is upon them.  Link's mom is leading the charge in saying that the end is upon them.  It's not really the apocalypse that the God fearing people of Gatlin are thinking about.  More like a bunch of Dark Casters and Incubuses are trying to keep the Order broken and destroy all the Mortals and Casters there are out there.  Oh and all the Casters' powers are on whacked out.  No one can really control their powers at the moment.  It's hot as hell, bugs are eating away at the greenery, houses are catching on fire, and Casters' can't control their powers.  Poor Ethan and Lena just can't catch a break.
This is basically the whole town of Gatlin right now since they think the world is ending:

Link is dealing with becoming a quarter Incubus, and Macon is helping him.  Ah good old Macon Ravenwood.  He is one of my favorite characters.  He's a Light Castor now and he is just learning how much power he has.  Link isn't like most Incubuses because he's only a quarter Incubus, and it's not easy for him.  It's even harder for him to hide it from his mom.  If Mrs. Lincoln knew what he was she'd probably do an exorcism on him.
It's a race against time to find out how to repair the Order, and stop the world from ending.  And their is only one way to stop the world from ending.  But the price is very high and not everyone's going to want to pay it.
I was glad that Lena was back to her 'normal' self.  I was glad that she wasn't running all over the place with another guy and that she was back with Ethan.  I was also glad that Macon was back in action.  The second book wasn't the same without him.  His death was one of the reasons Lena went off the deep end in the last book.  You can tell she loves her uncle a lot.
Overall I liked this book.  I think it might have been even better than the first one, which I enjoyed a lot.

Favorite Quotes:

“I'll love you until the day after forever.”

“When I first met you, that's what I remember. I looked up at the sky and thought, I'm going to love this person because even the sky looks different.”

“Hey, Ethan."  "Yeah?"  "Remember the Twinkie on the bus? The one I gave you in second grade, the day we met?"  "The one you found on the floor and gave me without telling me? Nice."  He grinned and shot the ball. "It never really fell on the floor. I made that part up.”  

“Do you believe in love after last sight?”

 “I don't want ta hear that kinda dirty talk comin' from you."  "What, fanny? Fanny fanny fanny!"

“I would love to say how nice it is to see you again, but that would be a lie. And I am nothing if not honest.”

“Sugar and salt and kicks and kisses.”

“In Light there is Darkness, and in Darkness there is Light.”

Overview:
Rating: Five Stars
Author: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers 
First Published:  October 18th, 2011
Pages: 516
Series Book: Yes
Will I Read The Next One: Yes I will.
~Ariadne          
 

No comments:

Post a Comment