Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles, #4)"Is death the end . . . or only the beginning?"
Ethan Wate has spent most of his life longing to escape the stiflingly small Southern town of Gatlin. He never thought he would meet the girl of his dreams, Lena Duchannes, who unveiled a secretive, powerful, and cursed side of Gatlin, hidden in plain sight. And he never could have expected that he would be forced to leave behind everyone and everything he cares about. So when Ethan awakes after the chilling events of the Eighteenth Moon, he has only one goal: to find a way to return to Lena and the ones he loves.
Back in Gatlin, Lena is making her own bargains for Ethan's return, vowing to do whatever it takes -- even if that means trusting old enemies or risking the lives of the family and friends Ethan left to protect.
Worlds apart, Ethan and Lena must once again work together to rewrite their fate, in this stunning finale to the Beautiful Creatures series.

______________________________
I have never cried so much for a series in all my life.  Okay well maybe Clockwork Princess, I balled like a baby at the end of that book.  But this book gives Clockwork Princess a run for its money.  I couldn't make it like ten pages without bursting into tears.  I'm a very emotional person what can I say?
So if you've read the blurb you now know that Ethan killed himself to save everyone he loves.  No one wanted him to go, but it was something he had to do.  When he wakes up in the Otherworld he thinks he's still alive and that it's all just a bad dream of some sort.  But when he goes downstairs he finds his mom in the kitchen instead of Amma.  It hits him that he really is dead.

He's happy to be back with his mom, I mean who wouldn't be happy to be back with their dead mother?  He sends a message to Lena to let her know that he's okay, well as okay as he can be.  Then he finds out that he can go back among the living.  His mom doesn't want him to do it because he could die, again, but a little more permanently this time though.  So he sets out to find the page in The Caster Chronicles were it tells of his death so he can burn it and come home.  He needs Lena's help though, and he contacts her and she comes to his rescue.
One part of this book is from Lena's point of view.  I liked reading it from her view.  I think the authors should write the series over, but this time from Lena's point of view.
In Lena's part of the book she has received a message from Ethan telling her that she need the Book of Moons.  The only problem with that is Abraham Ravenwood has the book in his possession.  No one likes the idea of going up against Abraham in fight because he is powerful.  They do it anyways.  Although Macon doesn't know, because Lena knows that he would never let her do this.
John Breed is going to trade himself for the Book of Moons.  Since I really haven't told you about John Breed let me tell you about him.  He is one bad ass Caster/Incubus.  He's a hybrid that Abraham created to take over the world.  He can take powers from other Casters and use them as his own.  One accidental touch and he has their gifts.  He's also Liv's boyfriend.  Remember Liv is the British girl from the second book.  The one that has feelings for Ethan, or had feelings for Ethan.
Link winds up killing Abraham with a pair of garden shears.  They get the book to Ethan so he can trade it with the Gate Keeper so he can get into the Far Keep so he can burn his page.  This is going to be hard since the evil guy Angelus wants Ethan dead or as his slave.  Ethan gets his page back and burns it and I'm sitting there like:
But when he gets back something happens and I wind up looking like this:
I won't tell you because you won't want to read the books anymore.  And you need to because they are really good books.
I was sad to see this series end, but I have good news!  There is going to be a spinoff series!  The whole series is going to be called Dangerous Creatures and the first book is called Dangerous Creatures.  Here's the cover for it:
Dangerous Creatures (Dangerous Creatures, #1)

I can't wait for it to come out!  The release date is May 20th, 2014.  So only a few more months now!

Favorite Quotes:

“I watched the way they looked at each other. Any idiot could see they were in love, even if they were the only two idiots who couldn't.”

“He saved the world, but he shattered mine.” 

“There is a point. I don't know what it is, but everything I've had, and everything I've lost, and everything I felt—it meant something.”

“I love her beyond the universe and back. I love her from this world to the next.” 

“Screw all that Incubus crap. That's how you do it Mortal-style.”

“Aw, come on. I barely speak English, unless we're talking about the Lowcountry kind.” 

“I'm not even sure we remembered to kiss. What we had went deeper than a kiss”

“When we were together, she turned me completely inside out.” 

“The poems are all wrong. It's a bang, a really big bang. Not a whimper. And sometimes gold can stay.”


  “Full circle. The beginning and the end.” 
 
"I pulled open Amma's drawer and grabbed a #2 pencil.  I held it up to show my dad.  He grinned.  'Started out sharp, and then she sharpened it.'"
 
"'You know I smell like frosting on a cupcake.  Why don't you come on over here, and I'll show you just how sweet I can be?' She wiggled her long pink nails like claws.  Link walked over to John, who was leaning against a weeping angel that was split right down the middle.  'Just callin' it like I see it, Babe.  And I can smell  you just fine from here.'"
 
Overview:
Rating: Five Stars
Authors: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers 
First Published: October 23rd, 2012 
Pages: 479
Series Book: Yes
Will I Read The Next One: No because this was the last book in the series.
~Ariadne
P.S. If you've read all four books which one is your favorite?  Mine is either this book or Beautiful Creatures.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment