Cinder by Marissa Meyer

11235712Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. 

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.










--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                                      Rating:  5 of 5 stars
                                                                                      Series book: Yes 
                                                                                      Will I read the Next: Yes

So many emotions. So many thoughts. Without spoiling anything my thoughts throughout the book were as follows: "Well, this seems pretty cool, lemme skip sleep tonight," "Oh, I know what's gonna happen...dada da dadaaaa pre-dic-ta-bility," "You should have done it! That was the perfect time! Dammit, Cinder!" "I can feel it...something bad's gonna happen" *Tears* *Insert fight/explosion scene* *Bangs head into wall* "Is it over? Damn." ♬ Onto the next one, onto the next one ♬. Does that make sense? In my head it looks a little
less...crazy. Let me just set one thing straight. I absolutely adored this book. I'm usually not into scifi, but this was perfect. Orginal, exciting, hopelessly romantic.

At no point in this book was I agitated with the writing style. And as we all know, I loves me some knit-picking. I'm a little like a bitter English teacher who's boyfriend just broke up with her because he's allergic to cats. But there's nothing for me to hate on. Cinder actually got me out of my month long reading slump. I love how you can see the traces of Cinderella, but it never overwhelmed the story. The originality was refreshing. Cinder is definitely worth the read. Like seriously. Get it now.

Original, exciting, and all around amazing. Plot wise, this book is golden. It took all my strength to put it down to sleep, eat, and go to school. Basically the plot is as follows: Cinder, a cyborg and our main character, meets the prince when he needs someone to fix his "childhood tutor" android. This sets two things in motion. One, a light romance between Prince Kai and Cinder. The problem? He doesn't know she's a cyborg, which by the way is not the best thing to be in future Beijing. This android also has sensitive information about the Lunar(people who live on the moon and have special mind powers). I can't say much without spoiling, but just so you know, their part in the story is huge. There is also a plague spreading all over the planet that kills people in a matter of days. *Insert ominous music* Cinder may just be the key to the cure. Doesn't that sound intense? It is. And amazing. And perfect.

Even though this took place in China, I always picture the romantic interest as Pepe Toth(AKA the cover model for the Lux series). Not this time! At first I did, but then I realized that Kai deserved his own image. I have officially added him to my book boyfriend list. He was so sweet and he really tried to put other people first.  He wasn't an annoying prince who seemed to think he was born to be a jerk to everyone around him. That was in the beginning. For reasons I cannot reveal, at the end I wanted to slap his royal face. That's not to say I don't still love him, I do. Just less. Slightly.

SUMMARY OF REVIEW(In case you don't actually feel like reading the review):
Writing:5 out of 5
Plot: 5 out of 5
characters: 5 out of 5 
Romance: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5
PG

No comments:

Post a Comment